St. Mary's Parish is located in Sleepy Eye, MN. Our first church was built in 1876. Our existing church was built in 1901. It measures 175 feet in length, 75 feet in width, with 38 feet in the sanctuary and about 100 feet to the top of the roof. It seats about 1,000 people. It's steeples seen for miles away beckon tourists to stop and photograph it.
Our school is supported by this one parish. The first parochial grade school was built in 1883 and was staffed by two Franciscan Sisters and two postulants from Rochester, Minnesota. For over 130 years it has been our goal to assist parents in passing on the Catholic faith while providing a quality education in a safe and positive environment. St. Mary's Catholic School is blessed with dedicated parents, faculty and staff who are truly committed to providing the best possible Catholic education to our students.