Safe Avenues provides advocacy, parenting time services and shelter for victims of abuse.
Safe Avenues provides advocacy services for victims of domestic and sexual violence, parenting time services for families in need, as well as safe emergency shelter for victims of abuse.
A snap shot of our programs:
- Our safe emergency shelter is the only residential domestic abuse shelter for women and children in southwest Minnesota; covering an 18 county area.
- Our outreach programs provide advocacy to women, men and children who have been victims of domestic abuse or sexual assault. The outreach programs are located in 8 primary counties; they include Kandiyohi, Meeker, Renville, McLeod, Swift, Chippewa, Lac qui Parle and Yellow Medicine.
- Harmony Visitation Center provides supervised visits and exchanges. This enables children to spend time with a non-custodial parent or caregiver in a safe environment.
- The Criminal Justice Intervention Program provides help to victims in the court system when a perpetrator of abuse is being charged with a crime.
- The Youth advocate assists children who stay in the shelter, in addition to assisting the parent when the children have witnessed violence in the home or have been victims themselves.
- Our community education and professional training programs exists to provide awareness and education regarding the issues of domestic and sexual violence as well as parenting time services.
Donations of product, supplies and money are much needed and appreciated to continue the life saving work of Safe Avenues. Please consider a contribution today and partner with us to empower more than 2362 survivors each year to work, play and contribute safely in our communities once again!
Safe Avenues: envisioning a united community committed to the safety of all! Your gift is an important part of our vision realized!