Your 2021 donation to Rosy Simas Danse will continue to support three thirty one (331) space in the Twin Cities for Native, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color transdisciplinary and dance artists. In our new 3,750 sq ft studio we support:
• Online spaces and technical support for Native and BIPOC artists to lead, create, heal and thrive.
• Studio residencies for Native and BIPOC artists to create in a safe and supportive physical environment.
In addition to raising funds for expenses connected to artist residencies and artist fees, we need to raise funds to continue to develop the space for all artists which includes:
• Installing a split cooling and heating system to keep the space more comfortable for all.
• Installing an ADA complaint automatic pushbutton front door.
• Updating the kitchen to be beyond ADA compliant and more user friendly for all. This includes a new adjustable height kitchen counter, lowering the counters we currently have, installing a more accessible faucet and stove.
• Updating the bathroom beyond the grab bars to have more accessible lighting and other features.
• Increase our stage lighting from 6 instruments to 12.
• Installing window coverings.
• Installing a drape track for our drapes to partition off the space as needed.
AND we need to raise donations to create an access fund of $15,000 to provide accessibility services in 2022. These include helpers for those who require assistance to create in our space, audio description and ASL interpretation of online and in person events, continued accessible website integration, and more.
Individual donations make it possible for us to do all of this work. Our goal for 2021 is to raise $20,000 towards the $60,000 in the costs outlines above for space upgrades, new equipment, and the creation of our access fund.
For more on Rosy Simas Danse's past, current, and future work, check out our main website. http://www.rosysimasdanse.com/