PEACEMAKER RESOURCES: Cultivating Communication, Compassion, & Connection
Peacemaker Resources provides resiliency-informed, culturally-responsive Social Emotional Learning (SEL) training for children, school staff, caregivers, and communities. Researchers at Columbia University concluded that for every dollar spent on social-emotional learning programs, it sees an eleven dollar return on its investment.
Teacher Comments following Peacemaker Resources SEL Specialists Implementing SEL Lessons in the Classroom
- Since the implementation of Peacemakers, I am noticing a lot more trust and acceptance in my classroom.
- I feel that I am better at stopping and taking a calming breath before dealing with a behavioral issue. I am able to think more clearly and remember that I am modeling appropriate ways to interact with others when speaking with students in stressful situations.
- The experience has given our whole classroom a common language.
- I feel calmer as a teacher because of the modeling that I get from Peacemaker teachers. I feel myself modeling calming down when I feel like I need it or my class needs it as a whole.
- At least half of my parents requested that I send home SEL materials to encourage students in using skills at home. We made take-home tool kits in class.
- As a parent with a child who received SEL lessons at school, I noticed him using the tools at home to calm himself and he also taught is younger siblings and father some of the breathing tools.
"I can’t express enough the positive impact the SEL instructor and lessons have brought to our school. We are a typical elementary school. I understand my colleagues are having a great deal of difficulty with young students, and I share that we just do not. Because of the impact of SEL instruction and our Trauma Sensitivity information and guidance, I believe we are making a difference in the lives of young children and possibly their families and dare I hope, also for our community.” -- Elementary Principal