We make home a better place.
Community support, from people like you, makes it all possible.
One Roof Community Housing works to provide the opportunity for positive home ownership locally. We know it can change lives and families. The market for housing doesn’t always work for people, and it especially doesn’t work for low income families and individuals.
Our mission is enriching lives and communities, one home at a time. We envision communities where everyone has access to sustainable and affordable housing. We offer programs and services to create and sustain affordable housing opportunities across the Twin Ports and North Shore region. These include:
- Community Land Trust (CLT) Program: One Roof develops single-family homes for purchase by households who typically earn $20,000--$40,000 per year. The Land Trust model ensures that the homes are permanently affordable in future resales. One Roof has 300 CLT homes across our Twin Ports and North Shore communities including Nordic Star in Grand Marais.
- Homebuyer Education and Credit Counseling: Our HUD certified Homestretch classes and pre/post, purchase counseling and education ensure that lower income homeowners are prepared to be successful in their home ownership endeavors.
- Multifamily Housing Development: We collaborate with local non-profits to provide turnkey housing development services to provide affordable rental housing opportunities and prevent homelessness of lower income households. Recent projects include the Duluth Veterans’ Place, Steve O’Neil Apartments, and Gateway Tower Apartments.
- Tenant Landlord Connection: We work to ensure that stable rental housing exists by educating existing and potential landlords and tenants regarding their respective rights and responsibilities and by mediating disputes between landlords and tenants.
- Fix-up and Emergency Lending Services: For homeowners, at virtually any income level, we offer affordable loan products for home improvement and for emergency needs.
- Rental Rehabilitation Lending: We offer lending products to revitalize our community’s aging rental housing stock to ensure quality, affordable rental housing.
- Purchase Assistance Loans: We offer qualified homebuyers the opportunity to finance their down payment saving the buyer/borrower the cost of a monthly mortgage insurance premium.
- Tool Lending Library: One Roof hosts a Community Tool Lending Library that is free and open to all residents to check out, free of charge – just like a library. The library includes a variety of power and hand tools for all types of home improvement projects and home repairs, both indoor and out.
For more information about One Roof Community Housing, call 218-727-5372, or visit www.1roofhousing.org.
Your contributions to One Roof do make a difference. Thank you for
your consideration and support.