Northern Waters Land Trust works in the watersheds of north central Minnesota.
This pristine region has more than 2,000 lakes and 3,400 miles of rivers and streams!
Why Conservation Matters Now
- Our work has never been more important than at this time. We are fortunate that this region still has pristine rivers, streams and lakes to enjoy.
- Only 40% of the state still has clean waters. The rest of the state has waters so impaired that, in many cases, there is no fishing or swimming and restoration is unlikely or even impossible.
- 56% of Minnesota's lakes and streams are considered impaired.
- We work to preserve land and keep clean water clean so we never have to turn to costly restoration.
- With an abundance of fishing, recreation, and tourism around our waters, this is a water-based economy and protection matters!
- We have protected over 6,934 acres of critical fish and wildlife habitat and 268,698 feet of environmentally sensitive shoreline.
- Northern Waters Land Trust is an accredited land trust. This designation ensures our work is of the highest caliber and meets conservation and financial requirements.
Your gift enables us to continue this important work and expand our efforts to help preserve lands and waters.
As a community-supported conservation organization, you make it possible!
Visit our website to learn more: www.NorthernWatersLandTrust.org
A region with clean lakes, rivers, wetlands and forests that support fish and wildlife for future generations.
Thank you for helping us make this vison a reality!