We are dedicated to improving the health of infants, children and adolescents in Minnesota.
The mission of the Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics Foundation is to protect and improve the health of all Minnesota children and teens. By partnering with pediatricians, state officials, and national and community-based organizations, the Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics Foundation has developed many model programs that address key health or care delivery issues that have been shared both nationally and internationally.
Current and recent foundation projects include:
- Travel scholarships for medical students and pediatric residents to present MN abstracts at the national AAP conference.
- Promoting education and MOC4 opportunities for pediatricians to improve screening for adolescent/young adult depression, increase rates of child and adolescent immunizations, and improve newborn screening rates and communication of results with parents .
- Educating caregivers and community members, particularly in the Somali community, about the importance of immunizations (especially MMR) . In 2019, we partnered with 11 Imams and 9 mosques to provide immunization education at Mosques during Ramadan.
- Providing tuition scholarships to train 8 Karen, Somali and Spanish speaking adults as Community Health Workers in Austin, Albert Lea, Willmar, Worthington and Rochester with nearly 90% now employed in Minnesota health care or educational institutions.
- Addressing barriers to identifying, referring and preventing cases of child abuse/neglect among Minnesota clinics and hospitals.
- Promoting widespread use of childhood screening tools (depression/anxiety, developmental, social/emotional, maternal depression, etc.) among all pediatric primary care clinics.
- Screening patients for food insecurity and referring to food assistance programs and other work support programs.
This year, retired MNAAP members have generously offered to match every donation up to a total of $1,250 by December 30, 2020.
Learn more about our Foundation and ongoing projects at www.mnaap.org
Thank you for considering a tax-deductible donation to the Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics Foundation.
NOTE: You can also donate by check (so MNAAP avoids processing charges) by mailing to: Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics Foundation, 1041 Grand Ave. #544, St. Paul, MN 55105