Minnesota Recovery Connection builds Recovery Capital
in individuals, families, and communities.
Minnesota Recovery Connection (MRC)’s mission is to strengthen the recovery community through peer-to-peer support, public education, and advocacy.
MRC envisions a world where recovery from addiction to alcohol and other drugs is understood, promoted, embraced, and enjoyed and where all who seek it have access to the support, care, and resources they need to achieve long-term recovery.
Background and MRC's Role in the Minnesota community:
Substance Use Disorder (SUD) is a growing community, economic and public health challenge in Minnesota, ending thousands of lives prematurely and costing the economy billions of dollars.
MRC addresses the impact of SUD via the innovative model of Peer Recovery Coaching, providing free recovery coaching services to individuals statewide who are living with this disease.
Much like primary and preventive healthcare, through one-to-one, customized services, our Peer Recovery Coaches deliver programs that meet people where they are, helping them develop ‘recovery capital’ and navigate complex systems to overcome barriers to full lives in long-term recovery from SUD.
CONTRIBUTE TO MRC TODAY AND SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS!
- Recovery Support for Moms, partnering with Hennepin County, provides recovery coaching services to mothers involved with Child and Family Services who have been separated from their children, or who are at risk of being separated. We advocate for these mothers, helping them obtain what they need to achieve recovery and reunite with their children and families.
- Beyond Backgrounds, collaborating with HousingLink, offers recovery coaching and housing assistance for people with SUDs and/or criminal backgrounds that make it difficult to secure and sustain safe, stable housing.
- The Recovery Coach Academy, a comprehensive Peer Recovery Coach training that helps people strengthen their own personal recovery and develop essential skills to enter Minnesota’s growing peer recovery support workforce.
- Forensic Peer Recovery Support, Minnesota Recovery Connection is creating a new workforce in MN! This work is called Forensic Peer Recovery Support. It is aimed at serving those affected by the criminal justice system by aiding the individual in re-entry and Recovery solutions.
- Telephone Recovery Support, which offers weekly phone call check-ins and conversations to help people sustain their recovery and stay connected to others in the community who are also in recovery.
Thank you for your generosity and for strengthening Minnesota's recovery community!