“Peacebuilding” is a leading trauma education nonprofit in Minnesota providing crucial training, programs and partnerships that address Minnesota’s gap of trauma awareness, restorative justice practices, and racial healing education. Peacebuilding provides transformational tools for everyone to use within their sphere of influence, leading to positive equitable systemic change.
Our over 11,000 training attendees report increased confidence to address psychological trauma, break cycles of violence, and build resilience using restorative justice-focused strategies within their spheres of influence.
Peacebuilding's trainings include:
- 5 day Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience – The STAR Training , with a 19-year reputation of national and international success.
- STAR-Lite Training: Learning strategies for trauma awareness and resilience in a single day for Cultural Competence, Racial Healing, and Equity
- Introduction to Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR) for Cultural Competence, Racial Healing, and Equity
- Introduction to Restorative Justice for Community Healing and Transformation
- Restorative Justice 101: Training for Practice in Everyday Life
- Restorative Justice 101: Training for Practice in Education
- Introduction to Resilience and Self-Care: Training for Practice in Everyday Life
- STAR-Lite Training: Learning strategies for trauma awareness and resilience when responding to natural and human caused disasters
- Talking Circles 101: Training for Practice in Everyday Life
Our STAR, STAR-Lite, RJ 101, Introduction to STAR, Introduction to Restorative Justice, and Introduction to Resilience and Self-Care trainings are approved for professional continuing education for mental health professions, nurses, teachers, and attorneys.
Our free monthly events include:
- Minnesota Peacebuilding Films Series
- Coming to the Table: Racial Healing & Equity Talking Circles
Our trainings have been contracted by:
- Hennepin County Public Health
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Department of Corrections
- Minnesota Transitions Charter School District
- CornerHouse, Minneapolis
- Lutheran Family and Children Services of Missouri
- Catalyst Initiative of the George Family Foundation
- University of Minnesota’s Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement
Center (UROC) in North Minneapolis
- Lutheran Social Services of Minnesota homeless youth programs
- Restorative Justice Community Action and the City of Minneapolis
- Minnesota Association of Community Mental Health Programs
- St. Catherine University’s Graduate Nursing Program
- Alexandra House domestic violence shelter
- Horizon Homes Inc., Mankato, MN
- Thrivent Financial
- The Saint Paul Foundation
- The F. R. Bigelow Foundation
- Minnesota Visiting Nurses Association
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- Angela Dickey, LLC, Retired US Foreign Diplomat in Washington DC
- Hesston College, Hesston, Kansas
Contact us at email@example.com to receive our monthly enewsletter.
All financial donations are fully tax deductible. We welcome all to join us as attendees, donors, volunteers, and instigators of peacebuilding!