Minnesota's nonprofits count on MCN to deliver the critical data and tools that they need to make tough, timely, strategic decisions.
The Minnesota Council of Nonprofits (MCN) informs, promotes, connects and strengthens individual nonprofits and the nonprofit sector. MCN is the largest statewide membership association of nonprofits in the U.S. Our 2,200 nonprofit members join together across interest areas to work on issues of common concern to all nonprofits.
MCN understands that in today’s environment Minnesota’s nonprofit boards and managers are under great pressure to make timely, strategic decisions about their own operations – and require up-to-date information as they make plans for staffing, possible mergers or even dissolution and that MCN is uniquely positioned to – deliver critical data and tools so that Minnesota’s charitable organizations can be as successful as possible under the circumstances. MCN provides the information, resources and support that nonprofits need to effectively manage and lead. To accomplish this MCN:
- Equips thousands of nonprofits leaders every year with timely, relevant and accessible professional development education and training on a wide range of topics from financial management to fundraising; from public policy to communications.
- Builds the capacity of nonprofits to be their own best voice as confident and competent leaders on the issues that impact their communities. Through workshops, briefings and information, MCN ensures that nonprofits are a credible force for change.
- Extends access to cost saving opportunities to its 2,200 members through group purchasing, MCN members see savings of over $3.5 million per year through these programs.
- Researches the contributions of nonprofits to our quality of life and economy and the state of Minnesota's nonprofit sector, so that nonprofit leaders can make informed timely decisions about managing their organizations.
- Brings nonprofits together to advocate on behalf of all nonprofits at the state Legislature, with county and city governments and with Minnesota’s federal congressional delegation.
- Ensures that nonprofits are educated and engaged on key tax and budget issues that impact the people they serve.