What began as a small gathering of musical friends has developed into an important non-profit that not only preserves and promotes the traditions of bluegrass music, but also supports and guides the music as it grows in new directions. Today Minnesota Bluegrass is the premier bluegrass community in the Midwest, and a significant presence on the national stage as well.
- Thousands of people attend our indoor and outdoor festivals every year.
- We publish an award-winning magazine, Minnesota Bluegrass.
- Grass Seeds Academy continues to cultivate the next generation of players.
- Our marquee event, the August Festival, attracts the top national and local bands, who love performing for Minnesota audiences!
Through all of these activities we continue to grow our community in diverse ways, ensuring that more and more people are able to experience the music we all love and taking steps to guarantee a future for bluegrass in Minnesota.
Your investment in MBOTMA is an investment in our community and creates the foundation for another 40 years of bluegrass in Minnesota. Your donation, large or small, will help us:
- Provide our audiences with the best-known musical talent in the bluegrass world while keeping our events accessible. The cost of talent continues to increase even as we strive to keep ticket prices as low as possible. Your support can help keep our festival gates as open to people from all walks of life.
- Ensure that our music is being heard by an ever growing and varied audience. All it takes is one great show, one great jam, or one magical festival weekend to create another life-long bluegrass fan. Your support will help build resources to make sure our organization’s message and mission, and most importantly, the music, reach more people than ever before.
- Further develop our educational programming. We have had amazing success with our Grass Seeds Academy. Our vision is to expand this programming so that all new players, whether they are young children or retirees, have opportunities to benefit from our bluegrass education programming. Your support can help us grow our educational outreach.
- Expand our programming. There is more to bluegrass than festivals and your support can help us expand our efforts to create bluegrass experiences year-round and in all corners of Minnesota.
Thank you for supporting Minnesota Bluegrass as you help us meet our goal to raise $5,000 from 250 donors - $20 from each donor!