The Longfellow Community Council (LCC) of Greater Longfellow is Working for You
The mission of the Longfellow Community Council is to improve the well being of our diverse community through engagement, involvement and empowerment.
Greater Longfellow consists of Cooper, Hiawatha, Howe, and Longfellow and is the largest neighborhood in Minneapolis. Our community includes many notable assets such as 9 schools, over 450 businesses, the Mississippi River Gorge, Minnehaha Falls, and the Midtown Greenway. Resident support, engagement, and participation are necessary to sustain and grow our vibrant neighborhood.
Some of LCC’s accomplishments in 2018 include:
- Approved $38,342 to implement 6 community-based resident projects
- Funding support to local partners including Our Streets, the Restorative Justice Program and the Midtown Greenway Coalition.
- Sponsorship of 16 community meetings and events to gather feedback and input from residents on major development and local concerns.
- Creation of an Open Citation Grant Program to assist residents cited by Minneapolis Inspections for property violations.
- Provided LCC Business Support Network grants to13 businesses to enhance their visibility and facilitate a stronger connection with residents.
In 2019, LCC will continue our community engagement work through:
- Sponsorship of local partners including the Seward/Longfellow Restorative Justice Program
- Regular community and committee meetings
- Continuation of the Business Support Network grants to help local businesses increase their visibility
- Annual events and activities such as Share the Gorge and the Greater Longfellow garage sale
- Implementing the 2019-2020 Strategic Plan
- Reprinting the popular Longfellow history book, Neighborhood by the Falls
Please consider supporting LCC today and help Greater Longfellow remain one of the premier communities in Minneapolis. We welcome donations of all amounts. Thank you for being a part of Greater Longfellow.