Our mission is to create connections that strengthen the power of community members and communities. We cultivate community leaders, build community capacity, care for the places and spaces we develop, and pursue equity and diversity in all we do.
For over four decades, Hope Community has maintained an innovative model for urban transformation & leadership development. Be a part of the change.
Hope Community is an innovative non-profit organization dedicated to transforming an urban-core neighborhood in Minneapolis. Our revitalization work over the past 44 years has created a dramatic turnaround in an area where most people thought change could never take hold. Hope is creating a place where individuals and families have the opportunity to transform and sustain the community, while cultivating community leaders.
- 750+ youth and adults live in 173 units at Hope's quality rental homes at the intersection of Franklin and Portland Avenues in Minneapolis.
- 1,500+ people are engaged annually in youth and family activities, leadership and civic involvement, art and community projects, learning opportunities and community and cultural events.
- 3,000+ youth and adults have participated in small group dialogues about their dreams, hopes and challenges. These listening sessions guide our work.
Here are some of our focus areas this year:
Supporting Hope today means:
- Helping to build community, advance racial equity, and work towards more just systems change
- Contributing to an ongoing space of healing and resources for our community
- Supporting community members who are without housing during this crisis
- Helping us continue to connect and engage in community through our programs while we still work primarily at a distance
- Ensuring Hope residents stay in place and are safely housed