Heartland Girls' Ranch provides strength-based, trauma-informed services and therapeutic equine programming
Summary of organization mission and goals:
Our Mission Statement: Heartland Girls' Ranch provides strength-based, trauma-informed services and therapeutic equine programming in a safe and supportive environment that empowers girls to experience success and write a new story for themselves. This signifies our commitment to providing a safe place for girls to experience success. We know that success leads to self-discovery and self-worth. HGR is a working ranch that utilizes horses as one of the innovative strategies to bring about healing in girls' lives. HGR provides holistic services based on best practices to meet the physical, emotional, educational and spiritual needs of the girls in our care.
- Each girl is courageous, resilient, valuable and full of potential.
- Each girl deserves the opportunity to develop into the person she was created to be.
- Growth involves healing, learning from the past, and developing skills for the future.
- Together, we can help each other bring out the best in the girls we serve and each other.
- In teaching and modeling healthy relationships.
- In honest and ethical leadership.
safe and supportive housing for up to 24 girls in our main program and 5 beds in
our Strides Transitional Housing Program and 8 beds (expanding
to 12 in 2016) in our Hearts
for Freedom Program.
trauma-informed, culturally specific, female-responsive, holistic
programming based on best practices
in working with youth, at-risk and trafficked girls.
- Provide innovative
strategies in working with program participants using equine
therapy and activities as
an integral part of the core programming.
education services, employment skills and employment opportunities designed specifically for all HGR girls.
specialized and dedicated programming and services to serve
sexually exploited youth, integrating trafficking survivors into
HGR's staffing and program oversight.
- Be a
regional and statewide resource for training's on identifying
and providing restorative care to at-risk and trafficked youth, develop a
system of coordinated care in the West Central region through the Safe
Harbor- No Wrong Door Model and Hearts for Freedom project.
Your Donation will Provide the Following:
- Supporting a girl in healing and writing a new story for
- Supporting girls in opportunities that educate and enrich their
lives (independent living and employment skills).
- Aiding our horses, their care and equipment which will enhance opportunities for
our therapeutic horse programming.
- Heartland expansion – We are currently expanding our sex trafficking housing, barn, and offices.
- Supporting our navigator by continuing community education
and providing a system of coordinated care in the west central region and the state of Minnesota.
- Day-to-day needs that work towards maintaining healthy
living lifestyles for our girls (personal Hygiene, recreational equipment, and
household items etc.).
- Holiday and seasonal gifts/ events (Birthday’s, Xmas,
- Expanding opportunities to raise awareness and increase off
site support through volunteerism.
HGR is a 501c3 and your donation is 100% tax deductible. Every donation regardless of size makes an immediate and tremendous impact on the lives of girls in our care. Thank you!