Mission & Goals
The primary mission of FCS is centered around the family unit focusing on and implementing comprehensive activities that would positively impact the family structure.
Friendship Community Service's mission is to promote the development of healthy family life through education.
In keeping with this mission, FCS has
- Established a Friendship Strong Summer School program to provide support for youth through educational programming including workshops and classes to enhance academic and social skills.
- Established the FoodHub in the aftermath of the death of George Floyd due to the loss of local grocery stores and social unrest. We provide opportunities for people to select their own food as well as delivery service upon request.
- Established vaccination clinics to meet the needs of the underserved population.
- Provided programming for adults and families to enhance financial management and employment opportunities.
- Supported community-building activities to expand outreach to diverse populations in the surrounding areas.
- Enhanced social media presence and therefore, increase community awareness and participation.