Support the preservation of wildlife and surrounding ecosystems of Rattlesnake Bluff Trail.
Friends of Wacouta volunteers and neighbors have taken steps to beautify the trail area and preserve wildlife. Your donations have allowed us to:
- Plant six acres of native wildflowers and prairies grasses, as well as trees and shrubs along the 4.5 miles of paved trail.
- Install wood duck houses, a chimney swift tower, and a bluebird trail.
- Host presentations by the National Eagle Center, Midwest Peregrine Society, and the Wood Duck Society.
- Build three limestone bench seating areas.
- Plant a perennial native plant garden.
- Conduct controlled burns to improve nutrient uptake and native seed germination.