The Como Community Council connects neighbors who want to accomplish things. Our volunteers organize neighborhood events, work to maintain a safe and vibrant neighborhood, enhance our natural and built environments, welcome new neighbors, and shape decisions that affect our quality of life. We keep our neighborhood up to date with accurate, timely information, and provide a trusted, open forum to tackle concerns.
Your financial support helps make what we do possible and successful. In this tumultuous year, we have:
- Partnered with you and others in unprecedented ways to supply food to neighbors in need
- Made it a priority to make sure seniors are not isolated during the pandemic
- Built personal and community connections through our Como Kindness campaigns
- Overhauled our voting process in ways that tripled resident participation from previous records
- Launched a new mobile-friendly website and have been exploring more ways to share more information in more ways with community members
That is on top of our “routine” work:
- We email a weekly newsletter to more than 1,700 residents and maintain a robust website. Especially as community newspapers scale back their commitment to the neighborhood, District 10 has become the best source of factual, up-to-date news, events, and opportunities for Como residents.
- We partner with Ramsey County to operate an immensely successful, 24/7, community organics recycling site on Beulah Lane in Como Regional Park.
- Our monthly committee and board meetings encourage residents not just to learn about timely issues, but to voice their opinions and pursue their priorities together.
- We make conversations possible among neighbors and businesses on redevelopment plans in our Land Use Committee
- We continue to lead the way in coordinating residents' efforts to protect Como Lake and maintain the park in our Environment Committee.
District 10 is a 501(c)3 non-profit. All donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.