The Como Community Council exists for YOU, our Como neighbor! We're your vehicle for community engagement: a trusted messenger of information, a conduit to the city and county, and a hub for events to stay connected to neighbors and to improve the neighborhood we love so much.
Your donation keeps this good work going!
In 2022, we did a lot. Here's just a sample:
- We held four blood drives that collected 172 units of blood, impacting 516 lives.
- We organized six Lake Como cleanups that removed 337 pounds of trash from our lake and surrounding paths.
- We held a February Community Donation Drive to help Minnesota Community Care provide warm winter gear for our unhoused neighbors.
- We launched our Community Engagement Program, anchored by events in each of our four subdistricts. In total, we got to meet 950 neighbors at these events.
- We held five educational presentations for neighbors via our 2022 Sunday Series. Recordings are here if you missed them!
- We led two sold-out Como Park Tree Treks for neighbors to learn more about our urban forest.
- In partnership with the City of St. Paul, we anchored the Citywide Drop-Off at Fairgrounds. 540 people dropped of items large and small for safe disposal.
With your support, we'll reach even more neighbors and do even more good in 2023. Thank you for considering a donation to your small but mighty neighborhood organization!
P.S. You can view all of our upcoming events here on our website: https://district10comopark.org/events/ See you around the neighborhood!
District 10 is a 501(c)3 non-profit. All donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.