The Corcoran Neighborhood Organization is home to one of the finest (and oldest) farmers markets in Minneapolis! CNO also does some pretty important work in the neighborhood as well. We have worked in partnership with the southside safety coalition to improve livability and safety with residents. We are also working to create community centered activities by hosting community events, job trainings at CNO, homeownership workshops and bringing other resources to Corcoran.
Many of you love our Midtown Farmers Market, which our goal is to create a vibrant forum in South Minneapolis that connects community residents and nearby rural food producers in a mutually beneficial economic and cultural exchange.
We envision a community-based food system that assures equitable access to healthy, locally produced food, supports reinvestment in the community, and provides for the long-term viability of our foodshed.
We place value on community, equitable access, local, small scale, cooperation and collaboration.
In 2019 the Midtown Farmers Market:
- Hosted 35 total markets with over 41,000 market goers
- Brought over $80,000 into the local food economy
- Facilitated monthly musical, literary and tactile arts
- Experienced several cooking demonstrations
- Ran blood drives
- Celebrated Juneteenth
- Exercised with goat yoga and zumba instructors
- Welcomed new vendors through the TryIt! Program
- Supported over 50 local farmers and growers, artists, prepared food vendors and ready-to-eat food vendors
The Corcoran Neighborhood Organization is working hard to finalizing plans for a "forever home" at the plaza on the corner of East Lake St and Hiawatha Ave / Metro Transit Light Rail Hub. Visit our website for the latest development news and stay tuned for more information about our amazing location at Moon Palace Books! We will back at the same location for next season!
Thank you all for a fantastic year. Please let us know what you’d like to accomplish with us in 2020!