CROSS Services is a local multi-service non-profit organization established in 1977. Each year, we serve more than 14,000 individuals living in Northwest Hennepin County communities.
Families come to CROSS because they need:
* Food (CROSS distributes more than 2 million pounds of food each year).
* Financial help (CROSS helps more than 200 families each year to stay in their homes and on their job).
* Support for their children (CROSS assists more than 1,500 local children with school, holiday, birthday, and enrichment scholarships).
* Community resources (CROSS partners with dozens of agencies that best fit the family's needs).
WHY DOES CROSS EXIST?
* The cost of living in CROSS communities is 23% higher than other regions in Minnesota.
* There are more than 7,000 families with household incomes less than 200% of the poverty line cost (earning less than approximately $40,000/year) of living in our area.
* One out of 5 families in our community struggle to pay their basic bills each month.
After 43 years of serving this community we are blessed to work together with police and fire departments, local places of worship, companies, civic organizations, and thousands of local families to provide CROSS services to those in need.
What people have to about CROSS:
Because of the vast volunteer workforce and produce drives in our community $.94 out of every $1.00 you donate go directly to support CROSS programs!!
Thank you for supporting CROSS and the local families we exist to serve! Your gifts are greatly appreciated!
Elizabeth Johnson-Brown - CROSS CEO / Executive Director