Some of our recent activities include:
- Events at South Cedar Beach including live music and a summer solstice event with activities for children
- Initiated and supported the beautiful mural on the side of the restroom at South Cedar Beach
- Co-sponsored the Ward 7 City Council Forum
- Contributed funds towards the establishment of the North High School Foundation – North High is now the high school for our neighborhood
- First ever neighborhood-sponsored Happy Hour
Ongoing events and activities year after year:
- Engaged with Met Council on behalf of neighborhood regarding the SWLRT disruptions and damages
- Coordination with neighbors and Park Board to maintain the gardens at Park Siding Park during the growing season
- Fall Festival which draws over 200 neighbors and recently expanded to include live music
- Create and deliver May Day baskets to all residents of Jones-Harrison
- Annual Holiday Mart on Small Business Saturday
The Cedar-Isles-Dean Neighborhood Association works for the benefit of its residents and the community at large by promoting civic engagement, encouraging social and cultural exchange, working for the preservation and enjoyment of the natural environment and residential properties, and supporting a vibrant commercial district.
The Cedar-Isles-Dean Neighborhood is an inclusive, safe, and peaceful community where residents are good stewards of their homes, enjoy and safeguard the natural environment, and care about each other’s well-being.
Respect, community service, welcoming to all, accountability, collaboration, optimism, education, environmental sustainability.