2022 Leadership Summit: Creating Community Constellations
We invite you to imagine a future where we all have the power and resources to thrive in safe, welcoming and inclusive communities. Where we shape the decisions that affect us. Where we take care of each other.
In our time of transition, we’ve seen what our collective power can do, as Asian Minnesotans, in times of crises and empowerment. This year, we’ve been able to boldly convene and hold spaces for leadership, healing and support for each other in the midst of the ongoing pandemic, individual and systemic acts of anti-Asian violence, the deportation of community members and other crises. At CAAL, we know our work continues, even when the headlines move on.
This Give to the Max Day, CAAL is looking to our community to reach our goal of $5,000 to sustain our ongoing work to fight for a shared future towards liberation and thriving, inclusive communities. Your gift of $5, $25, or even $100 will make a difference. Will you join us?
Our year hasn’t ended, but we want to take this moment to celebrate these signs of progress with you and ask for your support. So far this year we…
- Rallied with our community and changemakers at the Capitol to champion and advocate for our policy priorities in economics, education, and immigration and provided opportunities for you all to speak with your legislators about issues that impact our communities;
- Connected and built meaningful relationships between college students and Asian Minnesotan professionals to uplift the limitless possibilities for young adults and provide an opportunity for networking and career exploration;
- Successfully produced our second season of the MinneAsianStories podcast, uplifting the stories and voices of our community;
- Hosted a Listening Tour where we had the opportunity to create relationships with Asian Minnesotans throughout Greater Minnesota and hear about the disparities and hardships their communities have and are encountering;
- Hosted our biennial Leadership Summit and created a community constellation, where we’re all connected to each other, including hosting workshops that both empowered and uplifted our communities to dream, aspire, and create a liberated world for all communities;
- Partnered with AAPI organizations across Minnesota to empower our Asian Minnesotan voices to get out the vote this year by doorknocking and phone banking during the Midterm Elections.