Arts in Action will give 20% of its Give to the Max day donations to Broadway High School for students who are pregnant and parenting!
Arts in Action strives to connect Community Members, Artists, and Creative Arts Therapists (CATs) throughout the Twin Cities Metro. We believe that all communities should have access to the arts for expression and healing. Over the past four years, Arts in Action has been busy connecting Community Artists and CATs to Youthlink, Broadway High School/Longfellow ALC for students who are pregnant and parenting, Lucy Craft Laney Community School, and East Side Neighborhood Services. Each project is unique and based on community need and voice.
Arts in Action was founded by two Creative Arts Therapists who strongly believe that the process of art-making and play can bring about positive, long-lasting change in the world.
Our mission is
Empowering Communities through the Healing Action of the Arts. We believe in a world where all people have access to the arts for expression through empowered communities free from interpersonal trauma.
Your gift will help:
- provide accessible art supplies to young mothers at Broadway High School/Longfellow ALC for students who are pregnant and parenting
- support students to identify and develop their artistic voice through healthy means of expression
- offer connections for communities to Artists and Creative Arts Therapists
- address our small operating costs
Donations in the past have helped:
- bring young mothers and their children together for bonding experiences over art-making and food
- connect expert Community Artists with neighborhood schools and other communities in need of accessible and high quality arts experiences
- provide childcare for young moms who are participating in an arts-based after school program
- facilitate a field trip for students and their children at Broadway High School/Longfellow ALC to the MN Center for Book Arts
Here's what one student at Broadway High School/Longfellow ALC had to say about art-making and its positive effects on herself and the world:"I think art is a good way to express ourselves in a way we can't. As a mom we don't really get free time; so my stress relief is drawing.
Without art, I think the world would be mad."
- Daja M., Student, Broadway High School/Longfellow ALC, 2015
Arts in Action is a 501(c)3 organization founded in 2011. All donations are tax deductible.
For more information about us or our programming, please check out our website at www.artsinactionmn.org
If you are interested in donating directly to Arts in Action's partner school, Broadway High School/Longfellow ALC for students who are pregnant and parenting, please follow these links:https://givemn.org/organization/Broadway-Arts-And-Technology-7860883http://broadway.mpls.k12.mn.us
Thanks, you're awesome.
-AiA Staff and Board
Arts Instructor, Del Bey, at Arts in Action's partner school Broadway High School/Longfellow ALC explains what your donation will provide!