Residents are fighting against …
- LOSS OF HOMES – Residents own their homes, but rent the land and, if their community is redeveloped, moving homes is often too expensive for residents
- UNHEALTHY COMMUNITIES – State law establishes clear health & safety standards, but enforcement is often ineffective and many problems remain unresolved
- UNREGULATED UTILITIES – Residents lack the protections given other rate payers
- FEW HOME OWNER PROTECTIONS – Manufactured homes are classified as personal property and titled like cars, which leads to more costly loans and fewer rights
- ATTACKS ON THEIR RIGHTS – Park management often interfere with residents’ legally guaranteed rights to organize, speak out, and stand up for themselves!
Residents through APAC are fighting for…
- FAIR RELOCATION COMPENSATION – Residents fund the Manufactured Home Relocation Trust Fund with a $12 annual fee and benefits should cover actual costs
- HEALTH & SAFETY ENFORCEMENT – Provide residents with notice of park health code violations and better tools for enforcing the law
- FAIR UTILITIES – Give residents the same rates and same legal protections
- HOME OWNER RIGHTS – Classify manufactured homes as “real property” with access to better loans and more consumer protections
- FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS – Defend the right of residents to speak out and organize their communities!