AAUW advances gender equity for women and girls through education, research, and advocacy.
· Last year, we added two new initiatives for area college students: Scholarships for Young Leaders assists accomplished students with financial support and FLASH FUNDS - for immediate help provides direct payment to Indigenous students and student teachers to help them with unexpected emergency needs.
· The branch also finances area college students to attend the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL) in the Washington D.C. Area. This conference increases their self-confidence by learning networking and negotiation skills.
· StartSmart is a workshop for college students that provides job-seeking interviewing skills.
· Our all-volunteer organization developed an exclusive program for high school girls called Savvy Teens - Seminars for Career Success. Professional women representing major industries led the seminars on financial management, career assessment, skills development, and more.
· We are the only branch in Minnesota to offer a STEM program for middle school girls developed by AAUW, called TechSavvy. The seventh annual event is scheduled for this fall.
· We are a sponsor of the Area High School Juried Art Exhibition, along with the Paramount Center for the Arts and we provide cash awards for 2D and 3D submissions.