Come celebrate and support the work of Open Access Connections!
On Saturday September 17, Open Access Connections will be holding our 8th Annual Picnic and Walk. The event will be held at Minnehaha Park, Minneapolis, at Wabun Picnic Shelter A, between 11:30am-2:30pm
Here are some of the accomplishments we will be celebrating:
- Providing free voice mail to 2,000 homeless and low-income Minnesotans, empowering them to find jobs, housing, and overall economic self-sufficiency.
- Training 6 Grassroots Outreach workers to complete over 200 shifts of Grassroots Outreach at 5 separate nonprofit locations. Last year we provided voice mail to over 275 people through this program.
- holding 12 Generation 50+ Group meetings, providing a forum for over 80 older people who have experienced homelessness to address issues affecting their community.
- Celebrating the distribution of Lifeline supported cell phones through a new partnership with EnTouch Wireless
- Registering 534 homeless and low-income people to vote in the 2014 Election.
Also, thanks to a generous donation from the Frey Family Foundation, all new donations and returning donations increased by at least 10% will be matched!