Building strong regional relationships and securing the resources required for the College to thrive.
Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical Foundation aims to make education accessible by providing scholarships and other resources to assist the College.
Contributions to the Foundation may support:
- Student scholarships
- Purchase of property, equipment and supplies for the College
- Financial support of faculty and staff in program development
- Operational costs of the Foundation
The Foundation’s Scholarship Program is designed to increase access to higher education by making college more affordable. Scholarship applications are reviewed by members of the Foundation’s Scholarship Committee, comprised of community volunteers, who evaluate more than 200 applications each year. Applications are considered on the basis of professional goals, accomplishments, grade point average and other qualifications, including financial need.
- Southeast Technical College Foundation has distributed over a million dollars since its inception.
- Each year well over 100 students receive a scholarship valued anywhere from $500 to $2,400.
- This year the Foundation has allocated funds for Faculty and Staff members to apply for funding to support innovative ideas in line with the educational mission of the college.
The Minnesota State College – Southeast Technical Foundation was founded in July of 1999 with the merger of the Red Wing Technical College Foundation and the Winona Technical College Foundation. Since the merger, the Foundation has established an endowment valued at over $2.3 million, which is comprised of over 30 endowed scholarship funds and board restricted funds. The Foundation is a 501 C (3) organization governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors.