Lena raising money for Friends of South High Foundation, Inc.
TPS strives to help pregnant and parenting students be successful in school and to build a strong future for themselves and their children.
Smart choices, strong futures. TPS strives to help South High School pregnant and parenting students be successful in school and to build a strong future for themselves and their children through comprehensive services.
Teen Parent Services is a program available to all Minneapolis Public Schools students who are pregnant and/or parenting. TPS strives to help these students be successful in academics and in school, to give comprehensive supportive services and provides high quality childcare services (4 Star Parent Aware rated) focusing on individual child development needs.
Our mission is helping students build a strong future for themselves and their children.
TPS serves a very diverse population that comes from all areas of the Twin Cities Metro area. These students work very hard in all aspects of their lives in order to provide the best they can for themselves and their families.
Your generous donation will help Teen Parents Services (TPS) raise money to purchase needed and wanted items for students and their families. The money raised will be used to purchase items from car seats and strollers, winter gear for infants and children, to provide field trips for students and children, such as transportation and costs of going to a particular place, transportation services, such as bus passes, and gift cards for high achieving students, such as perfect attendance or high academic achievement.
What TPS Does:
- Prenatal and Parenting Education: Integrated in to the school day; students receive either prenatal or parenting education. Pregnant students can also receive education at home upon delivery through Homebound Services.
- Childcare Services: Provides high quality licensed onsite childcare for children of students, from 6 week to 5 years old. All four childcare sites have earned the highest possible four-star rating from Parent Aware.
- Case Management: Two district social workers along with school social workers are available to students for school and/or personal support for individual/family needs.
- Transportation: Door-to-door busing is available to students and their children living within the City of Minneapolis.
- Community Partnerships: Hennepin County financial and child care assistance are available to all pregnant and parenting students who are applying for and maintaining state benefits, such as MFIP, food stamps, Medical Assistance, and Child Care Assistance. These resources are all located at the Broadway High School at Longfellow.